Thursday, September 16, 2010

MEmorial_9/11 Project

Thinking of 9/11 is weird.

I kind of like to think that we can blank it out of our memories a little bit. I feel bad for the pain and death and destruction that it caused. I am sad people died. I am sad people's lives were ripped out from underneath them.

I just don't like to think about tragedies like that.

I guess they're kind of outside my realm of understanding, just like the actual events were to me when it happened. (Using the punctuation in my cartoons that I drew.)

I went on youtube and watched a bunch of 9/11 videos. I got really upset when I saw the "falling man" and the commentator's first comments upon the second plane's crashing into the building.

I just realized a plane crash sounds bad.... but so many people die when a plane crashes. Hundreds. You never think of that when you hear plane crash. You just think of a wreck.

Drawing is kind of a healing thing for me. When I hold a pen or a marker I can kind of turn my brain onto autopilot. It just comes natural. I can relax and just think about something else while I'm creating something. It feels good. I get compliments and it makes me feel good, too.

9/11 just is. Just like the way I draw. I don't think, I don't worry. I just do.

The images were in a new color technique that I'm working on developing.

I like to think the victims are somewhere in their "coloring place"-- that is, they're doing something that makes them happy and puts them in a happy state of being. Everyone deserves just that moment in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment