"Not to follow in the footsteps of the masters, but to seek what they sought." -Basho
I still don't really understand the EmerAgency?
However, I do understand the following:
The term "literacy" is too limiting in describing the change that is happening around us in the form of new media. Ulmer describes the trend of literate change from the beginning of time: the Greeks writing about Homer, the Renaissance writing about religion, etc. "The content of new media... is the old media."
Therefore, in this new way, we should write about what we already know. In this way, we will learn how to communicate in this new realm and begin a new wave of understanding within this new media.
What can we write about to learn this New Way?
Why, what do we know better than ourselves?
The main thing I have learned from blogging the past month is that my thoughts and life are more organized when I write and share about it. I have started my own blog and a Twitter page all geared just to organize myself with my life. I am learning more about myself simply by writing about my life, and I am learning more about this New Media by doing so.
Ulmer creates the idea of the mystory, (like HIstory) to teach people more about themselves and their lives while learning to understand this New Way.
At least, this is what I've understood so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment